Thursday, March 26, 2009

Prayers Needed

In recent days, I've been informed of two deaths.

One was Ciocia (Auntie) Ewa. She was Ciocia to me, too. Last year, I went to her house every Sunday after church. She didn't speak English and it's partly thanks to her that I was able to learn so much Polish. She was the sweetest Polish lady I knew. On March 5 she turned 86. Her funeral is Friday and I'll be going with a friend. She was, by the way, the real aunt of my friend, Krystyna. And, Ewa had one surviving daughter. So, please pray for her family (and for me) as we mourn her death, but rejoice in the fact that she's singing, leaping, jumping...she's happier and healthier than she's ever been before because she's in heaven.

Hours later, I found out that the 27 year old sister of a teacher had died in the middle of the night. Her name was Beata and she'd just finished her studies at the university last year. They're still not sure what exactly she died from, but she was feeling sick and had a fever the day before. She went to the hospital in the evening and died in the early morning. Doctors suspect it may have been septis, which is when a fever is so severe that bacteria enters your bloodstream. It can be very fatal if not treated immediately. Obviously, this is a shock to Dorota, Beata's sister, and the whole family, as well as for everyone at our school that is close to Dorota and who knew Beata. I really feel for them right now. Please pray for them, too. This certainly isn't an easy time for them.


I don't have any news about my grandpa right now. He seems to be feeling fine...he goes to work still and does things around the house like normal. He's going back to Rochester for chemo treatments again next week, for a whole week. Please keep him in your prayers as well.

No comments: