Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Haven't Been Fair To My Readers

I haven't written a decent post for a long time. And a lot has happened! Maybe that's why I hesitate. There's much too much to cover. So just a few, insignificant things for now...as it is wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay past my bedtime here in Eastern Europe.

I'm getting used to being domestic. I baked today! I made some chewy oatmeal M&M cookies and some homemade bread! Mmmm.

And before I was able to do that, I had to visit my neighbor to get her blender, only she wasn't home, so I had to ask her son who had no idea where it was so he asked his sister... I heard a loud crash in their kitchen, and about a minute later he returned with a pop bottle cap in his mouth and the mixer in his hand trying to put the attachments into it. It was quite the sight. It made me smile a big smile, and laugh.

Before that, I was doing some other domestic duties. One of which was washing the dishes. I cut my thumb. There was a lot of blood. There was also a brief moment that was semi-hilarious... I was walking to my bathroom to get a bandage with my thumb positioned over my free hand which was cupping the blood that was gushing ever so freely and since I wasn't yet sure how bad it was, I wondered to myself if the local hospital (across the street) has any doctors who are as good as Dr. Gregory House, M.D. I chuckled to myself for thinking that. What would a diagnostition tell me anyway? "Ma'am, you seem to have cut your finger. I'm sorry. You need stitches. If you refuse, we'll amputate."

And before that! I had a private English lesson with a dear friend. We joke and laugh all the time. And I'm a bad influence. I get it from my mother. Anyway, my friend is almost 40 years old, is a pediatrition at the local hospital where her husband, about 50 years old, also works. She doesn't have any children, and she's afraid to have any children at her age; she knows the risks for the child and doesn't want to take those risks. So, she wants to adopt a child (or two or several). Her husband doesn't. Oh, one more thing: she and her husband live in a tiny apartment right now. Her husband wants to buy a 6 bedroom house for the two of them and remodel it...instead of adopting a child (which is free). This has been an ongoing saga and today we were making jokes of it to lighten the atmosphere...and her mood. So, I told her what she should do... she should convert their office into a bedroom for a child and decorate it with either pink frills or sports equipment, but get a bed and all sorts of children's toys and decorations in there... If she can't have the kid, what's the harm in pretending? :) Of course I was joking and she would never do that... but it sure was fun for us to think about!
On a serious note, though, please do pray for this situation...she so, so, so badly wants a child. And she's willing to take a child from the orphanage; a child that equally needs a tender, loving home.

In the next edition of my Two Cents...
I will talk about my visit to the USA for three weeks in January/February and how I surprised the WHOLE family! THAT was awesome!

But for now, I MUST....go....to....sleep! It's 3 a.m. I must be nuts.

And to think that when I heard my alarm go off this morning at 6:30am, I thought it was going to be a bad day...What a great day it turned out to be!! Praise God!!!

AND... it's Fat Tuesday. Happy Lent, everyone!!!! Well...not happy, maybe somber...but you know what I mean. I wish you all a reflective season this lent; may you learn something knew about our great Savior, our wonderful God.

No comments: