Sunday, November 30, 2008

Positive Thoughts

Now that I got that last post out of my system, I think it's best to move on to more positive thoughts. I learned something from a friend the other day. The way that she deals with bad days or slumps is to focus on good things. She has a poster of things that make her happy, even very simple things. I've decided to learn from her, and do the same thing. I guess I'll start here and now. Things I like about myself, and things that just make me happy.

Train rides
Road trips/train trips
English
Speaking Polish with a native without any/many problems
Talking about Bible related things with my students, and answering questions about things that matter to them.
Helping other people, especially when I've been through the same thing they are struggling with, or need help with.
Happy students
Students who draw me things on the chalkboard before I get to class
Ice cream
Dove chocolates
Chocolate chip cookies
My mommy and daddy
My nieces and nephews
My brothers
Driving
Watching movies
Singing good Lutheran hymns
Hearing good Lutheran sermons
Theological discussions
comfortable shoes
summer
tulips
orchids
purple
blue
facebook
hardunger
Melvyn Bragg (author)
good books
a nice walk with a friend
a nice talk with a friend
my cat sleeping on my lap, or my arm like now :)
a clean apartment
a warm, fuzzy Christmas with family
Thanksgiving
pumpkin pie
turkey
the scene of a Christmas tree with pretty decorations on and presents underneath
swimming
being fit :)
a Meryl Streep movie
Mamma Mia!
ABBA
FEEL
Doing an activity in class that makes my students feel special and smart
getting dressed up to go out
dancing
singing
washing my car (when I had one)
getting a postcard or letter from a friend
playing the piano
playing the violin (don't know if I still can!)
sharing something about God/Jesus with someone and getting positive feedback
mission trips to poor areas of the world
visiting old people in nursing homes (they LOVE it!)
my great-grandma Luckow (she's 85! and a ball of fire!)
coloring
drawing
flying
listening to a good friend play the organ (he's awesome!)
looking at pictures
wasting time :)
mowing the lawn
cooking or baking with or for someone, but not alone or just for me
Pani Sonia's buleczki (Mrs. Sonia's sandwiches)
Palermo pizza (I live above this pizzeria)
knowing my family and friends are safe and happy
being a student!! I love it!!
hugs
decorating
journaling (used to...haven't done it for a long time)
talking education with people
the first snow of the year (only!)
springtime
summertime
flowers
lilacs
The Sound of Music
London
Krakow
Lebanon
learning languages
surprises
surprising people
making a difference for the better
good leaders
Nebraska
Minnesota lakes
the Northern Lights
Driving a backhoe, excavator, or dozer
Driving my dad's work truck, a one-ton
writing someone a letter
getting off an airplane (especially the long ones) and walking through the tunnels
walking on those walkways or whatever they're called at the big airports...they help you go quicker...love those things! I couldn't stop smiling, laughing the first time I walked on one (maybe in Minneapolis)
word finds
mountains
fishing
hiking
taking pictures
my college English professor
weekends in Slovakia :)

New things:
Roasted chestnuts-yum!
Vienna


Well, that's all I have time for now, and probably more than you have time to read! I'm going to try to keep adding things... I'm already in a better mood! :)

Now I think it's showertime, wash dishes, and head to bed time.

G'night y'all!

No comments: