Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm flying home Friday morning!

Whew... off my chest. Well, not that it's been bothering me.

I'm beginning to face the reality that I actually will be home soon. The best part is that it's still a surprise for about 80% of my family! :) I'm going to take my camera, put it on the videotaping option, and walk down that airport corridor to watch my dad's utter astonishment, befuddlement, and hopeful joy! He thinks he going with my mom to pick up my mom's sister. Muahahaha. My mom and I are the plotters of this big surprise. We've been planning it for months. It does come at a really good time, though, with my grandpa being in the hospital. Not so great weather, though, I hear. It's -20 degrees Fahrenheit with 50 MPH winds and windchill. Ewwww. Another blizzard is on the way as we speak. Double ewwww.

Well, anyway... I just had a moment of realization. I could actually conceptualize [and feel (you know, deep down in your chest where all the deep emotions lie) what felt like my heart leaping] meeting my friends again...and their reactions to seeing me when they aren't expecting to see me until July! :))))) I'm getting so very excited!

Traveling begins Thursday at 8am. A fellow teacher is driving me to a hotel in Krakow (couldn't find anyone to drive me to the airport at 2:30 Friday morning...wonder why?). So I'll spend the day in Krakow (probably at the hotel), and I'll call a taxi eeeeearly in the morning to drive me a few kilometers down the road to the airport where I'll begin the next stage of my journey. Twenty-four hours later, I should be carrying that camera down the corridor with me! Woo!

And tomorrow I get to show our newest missionary to Poland around our area. She arrived safely Sunday afternoon. In addition to helping her around, helping her to get acquainted with new surroundings, we'll get to meet up with the other two girls who are serving nearby in the Czech Republic. It will be our first meeting alltogether! I'm pretty excited for this, too!
...and afterwards...I sleeeeep. :) What a great day tomorrow will be!

2 comments:

AshleyEffken said...

FYI dear: It's really hard to keep a secret when you put it on the internet where the WHOLE WORLD can read it. I love you and hope and pray that you have a very safe trip, a wonderful time with your friends and family (and MY family too), and that you come back with so much joy and energy and encouragement for the rest of the long winter and semester ahead!

Steph Anne said...

Well... in my defense, none of my family knows that I'm blogging. Nor do my friends. I also tried to do a google search for my blog to see if anyone could find it (because I have students, you know), and I couldn't find it on there. So... I think it's safe. If not, it doesn't really matter. The people I want it to be kept a surprise for either don't use the internet, or they use it very rarely.

Thanks for the well wishes. I will certainly cherish every moment I am home (even if my teeth are chattering most of the time!).